We have had a fantastic 557 entries with some brilliant suggestions from participants. Quite a few parents would willingly sacrifice their children and quite a few children would rather hide and wait for their parents. Several dogs also appear to be trained to catch spiders for a biscuit reward and the hoover is often used.
Here is a selection of some of our favourite suggestions and please be careful and do not try them all at home as some may not be safe!
- I’m so scared I’ll get random strangers off the street to come in and catch them for me. I won’t even go to bed if there’s one on my landing!
- Let my snake out!
- Move to my mother’s!
- My poor daughter has to get rid of them for me bless her. She’s only 7!
- Pay my daughter to get rid of the ones she isn’t scared of and she is only 10…
- My wife always gets me to get rid of them even though she hates them. I have to show her I have it in my hand before putting it outside.
- Pass out.
- Start sweating and batter it with a shoe.
- They’re usually in the bath so I hang a towel over the edge, let them crawl onto it then shake it out of a window – keeping hold of the towel of course!
- Put them outside. Never kill them they helped in the war clean wounds.
- Ask my partner to remove humanely whilst I scream blue murder!
- Call my dad up crying cause I use to hoover them till I realised they actually came back out!
- Catch them with my hands like a real man does!
- Fetch neighbour while screaming.
- Get Daddy to get them for me!
- Hide until my mam comes home, she then sets it free outside kicking and screaming!!
- Hyperventilate, become hysterical, drag people off the street to rescue me.
- I freeze and go into a cold sweat then scream not a pleasant sight!
- I once got trapped by one in the garage so I fashioned a flamethrower with a can of wd40 and a lighter … problem solved! 😉
- I spray them with cleaning fluids, then they shrivel up & then I hoover them up. I feel terrible afterwards though.
- I try and ignore them.
Which one is your favourite?